How to create a Deferred payment?
To create deferred payments, you have to follow these steps:
- Register a card (CardRegistration’s object)
- Create a PreAuthorization with the CardId. This allow you to guarantee an amount but no debit here.
- Charge the card through the PreAuthorized PAYIN object.
- Once the « PreAuthorization » object gets « Status » = « SUCCEEDED » and « PaymentStatus » = « WAITING » you can charge the card.
- The pre-authorization will expired within 7 days. Indeed, the PaymentStatus will swap to CANCEL after this delay.
- The Pay-In amount has to be less than or equal to the amount pre-authorized.
NOTE : Pre-authorized a card before the Pay-In ensures solvency of a registered card for 7 days. Beyond this period, it is still possible to charge the card (PayIns/Card/Direct) but funds are not guaranteed.